Allo' Expat Monaco - Connecting Expats in Monaco
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Monaco Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Monaco
Monaco General Information
Monaco Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Residence Visa
Monaco and Foreign Government
Monaco General Listings
Monaco Useful Tips
Monaco Education & Medical
Monaco Travel & Tourism Info
Monaco Lifestyle & Leisure
Monaco Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Monaco Immigration Information Entry Visa

Note: The passport and visa requirements for persons visiting Monaco as tourists are the same as for France. However, so residency and long-stay requirements differ and are liable to change. For further details, contact any French consulate or the consular section at the embassy.


Citizens of EU/EEA countries do not need a visa for Monaco. French nationals must merely be holders of the national identity card issued by the French administration.

Non-EU/EEA citizens need a visa to enter France, unless there exists a special agreement between France and your home country. These include: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay, Vatican and Venezuela. Citizens of these countries can stay for up to 3 months without a visa.

Validity of Visa

Visas are valid for the length of time stated on them, starting on the date of arrival in Monaco. There are very big differences between visas, so make sure you know what you want (purpose and length of stay) before applying for one. It might be very difficult, or even impossible to change a visa once you are in Monaco. For example, you cannot enter Monaco with a short-stay visa and then apply to stay longer. Neither can you change the status of your visa (i.e. change your status from student to employee) without first returning to your country of residence and obtaining the new appropriate visa. Also, it is not possible to ask a friend at home to obtain a visa for you once you're in Monaco. In any case, you have to get out of the Schengen Area in order to apply for a new type of visa, so plan accordingly.

Note: The Shengen Area refers to the treaty which enables free circulation of residents within these countries. Signatory states to the treaty currently are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Portugal.

Types of Visa

    Short-stay Visa (visa de court séjour), valid for a maximum of 3 months
    A visa granted by one of Schengen Area countries (for example, Germany) is valid in all other member countries and authorises its holder to circulate freely within Schengen area. This means that travelling within the Schengen Area is legally the same as travelling within Monaco and thus you can make as many entries to Monaco as you wish during the validity of your visa, as long as you do not leave the Schengen Area. If you intend to leave and re-entry the Schengen Area (for example visiting the UK, which is not a signatory state to the treaty), you have to ask for a multiple-entry short term visa.

    Long-stay Visa (visa de long séjour), valid for 3-6 months
    After arriving in Monaco you need to apply for a temporary stay permit (Carte de séjour temporaire) which will describe your status in Monaco: visitor (visiteur), student (étudiant), private or family purposes (vie privée et familiale), employee (salarié), etc.

See more information on the next page... (next)





copyrights ©
2015 | Policy